Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome

I wanted something to make the front of my house just a bit different that the others around us. We also  have a very boring white front door and I wanted to add something to it to make it less boring.   I liked the look of the vinyl welcome signs I was seeing on front doors all over Pinterest.  So I decided to make my own.


I measured the space I had to work with and designed it out on my Cricut Gypsy.  I had to use the 12x24 size mat for it.  I used the Calligraphy Collection font and welded the letters together.  Once my Cricut was done cutting the lettering from black vinyl, I had to weed out all the useless bits and was left with a pretty welcome sign for my house.  I used transfer tape to adhere the vinyl to the door.  The nice thing is when we move, I can just take it down with no fuss.  It will peel off with no problem.

I actually received a nice compliment from our housing manager (military housing) about it.  *smiles*

Happy Scrapping!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment